Friday, May 20, 2011

This Boo is Made for Walking

ILA WALKED! On Her Own.

She actually did it last Saturday, but I sort of cheated. I was kind of spotting her from the back, and then I let go. She walked to the couch. I hollered and cheered. Then, she did it again for Kiyomi...after which she showed no interest in it for a week. Then, today, she did some shuttle runs between Kiyomi and I for the better part of 15 minutes. It was cute. We kept clapping and cheering. She kept going back and forth with a very pleased look on her face. It was cute. I still am not sure when she will really want to walk from one place to another...that is, without a squealing, excited adult at each end to encourage her.

In other news, I'm some kind of immunological cripple. This must be why I've had a cold every month for the last six months. Not constantly sick; just sick, better, sick again, better, over and over. Well, "over and over" for a total of six. That is too many over-and-over's.

I blame breastfeeding.

I love breastfeeding, but still Ila is sapping my life force via my mammary glands. Fortunately, this means that she has only gotten sick a couple times - thanks to my amazing life force. (If I'm not going to benefit from it, I guess I'm happy Ila is.) Unfortunately, Ila got it this time, and she's miserable.

So, it is particularly remarkable she wanted to totter back and forth on her little feet today for so long. While she did do this little bit of exercise, she has mostly wanted to cry and look like a little sad, wilted bean. Poor little babe. So, in the interest of one sick little walker, I am making this brief.

She walked! Woo-hoo!!

2 comments:

  1. Very exciting! And you never know. She may encounter a universe full of squealing, clapping adults waiting at various midway points. It could happen. (She's very cute!)

    Btw, I don't know that you can blame breastfeeding for your weak immune system. I have been sick, off and on and off and on and off--you get the picture--for the last month and a half. And my breasts are offline. As it were.

    ReplyDelete
  2. commonalgebra- I've tracked you over here by way of Life of Riles--you're comment there, regarding 100 best lists perfectly summed up the situation. Had I gotten there before you, I'm sure I would have left Tim a long winded message that most likely would not have been as succinct as yours. Nice work! Anyway, you're little on is a adorable. Such a wonderful age, and so good that your are documenting your experience with her here. I didn't have the wherewithal to do that when my kids were toddlers (wish I had). And yes, they will sap your strength all right, but they're so worth it. (And that never changes, by the way--mine are 12 and 14, and still sucking the life out of me!) ;)

    ReplyDelete