Saturday, September 18, 2010

Laughin' and Lickin'

Ila laughed! Neither Kiyomi nor I made her laugh - it was all our friend Deb. Kiyomi claims that Ila likes Deb because she's very close to Ila's size, which is a slight exaggeration...but only slight. Ila's beefy 17 pound body was taxing for Deb to carry around.

Needless to say, Kiyomi and I have spent the last 12 hours trying to get her to laugh again. It hasn't worked. I even had the camera in my hand, but alas I didn't capture it. How can we know it was real, if I didn't get it on video???

Yesterday was a big day. In addition to chuckling, Ila also grabbed her toes for the first time. I have been putting her toes in her hands for a few days now. She is indifferent to this and releases her foot as soon as I take my hand away. However, yesterday she spontaneously grabbed her foot without assistance!

She is definitely making some serious leaps and bounds in skill level. Quite literally, actually: she can really jolly jump now...instead of simply dangling in the doorway and aimlessly fluttering her feet, she really kicks! When she grabs things, too, she is looking less like a terrible spinal cord injury victim learning - painfully - to use her limbs again. Still her most refined skill is licking. Anything that comes near her mouth gets jabbed with her tongue quickly and repeatedly...like a little dog...or snake... As you can imagine, I am a gleaming and proud mama! Kiyomi loves to say she is so "advanced." And, perhaps in the slobbering department she is!

4 comments:

  1. Jolly Jumps rule! We called ours a Johnny Jump Up, but whatever you call it, that thing got plenty of use in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god! she looks like a little leprechaun doing a jolly jig for some gold.

    of course deb would be the first to make her laugh. now that it happened, it makes total sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kiyomi and I tell her that she looks like a leprechaun with some frequency...especially when she's a little titled to one side, clicking her her little heels...

    ReplyDelete
  4. she does look like a leprechaun!

    ReplyDelete