Thursday, November 12, 2009

Out of the Non-Gay Closet (Except that it is still gay)

First, I don't even know what to call this kind of indigestion. Is it heartburn? It feels like a cross between heartburn and something choking me...from the inside. Hmmm. So, based on my last 24 hours of heartburn, I think anything salty, spicy, or tangy gives me heartburn. So, basically, anything with flavor. Nice.

My friend Shannon outed me to the custodian at work today. She was all, "Well, she's pregnant..." Nice. This may be interesting. Here's why: Alejandra (the custodian) asked me once if I was married a LONG time ago. I think I said, "I'm in a relationship." Well, if memory serves she then asked me about my "boyfriend"...I kind of side stepped that question. I mean, I just didn't feel up to the whole, "I'm with a woman" conversation. Plus, at the time, I didn't really know if she chatted (read: gossiped) with other teachers, and there are definitely some folks at work I like to keep in the D A R K about anything personal. Anyway, now, several years later, I really love Alejandra, but we never talk about real personal stuff...so, I'm wondering what fun, awkward conversations await me in the coming weeks. This will be amusing.

Shannon felt terrible, needless to say. She was like, "I thought everyone would know." What silliness. No one knows. I told her that I plan to tell people when they look at my big, fat pregnant belly and say, "So....you're...???" And I will say, "Yup, I'm getting fat. I mean, I'm pregnant!"

Well, I'm going to get back to my full-time indigestion. Fun times.

2 comments:

  1. so, i am new to blogger, but have you ever explored the 'next blog' tab up top? it takes you to all sorts of interesting and non-interesting musings of others. it makes me wonder more about blogs and how they will shape our culture in years to come. a parent at my school has a blog that i read and her reasoning for it is, "so i don't have to call my mother". hey, if i ever needed a reason....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I hit the "next blog" tab a while back. It's kind of a cool feature. I just wish they made it a little easier to get back home - to your own blog. There's a couple navigational issues I think I could take up with these Blogger folks. Anyway, I didn't really pay much attention to the actual blog that came up as a result. Plus it was fairly dull... So, today, I hit it again. This is what came up: someone's blog that is called "I hope you dance," with "Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month" written underneath it. Here's a little snippet of that person's entry:

    "You never know when something or sometime might be the last. This picture was taken Thanksgiving of 2007 - just a few weeks before Mom was diagnosed and all of our lives changed forever.

    Thanksgiving is a time to give thanks for many, many things. ... It's funny how something as simply as a picture can come to mean so much. When this picture was taken who knew it would be the last family picture taken with Mom."

    Sheesh. I just puked like five times and feel sort of crappy...now, I'm also sad. I wonder how they determine what the "next blog" is...maybe totally random?

    Anyway, I kept a journal online before...but there's something fun about a purpose-driven blog. I don't know...it's easier and feels less...forced? or something. I think it's always a fun idea to document your life...but when you are having some crazy experience...it feels sort of more natural/easier? I'm just glad my experience currently doesn't revolve around pancreatic cancer...

    I'll be looking for your "in lieu of calling" blog!!! ha ha.

    I am not sure how blogs will shape the future - I think a lot of people feel they have a space to speak... However, I think it alienates people too when they feel no one is listening. It's hard to feel heard sometimes in this medium, I suppose. All I know is that when I search for something on google, more and more people's individual blogs or discussion boards come up. I guess I could trust those people's opinions about "What to do for lower back pain during pregnancy"...but it feels a little iffy.

    ReplyDelete