Friday, October 30, 2009

11 Weeks



(I'm only barely at the 3 month place. Still, I feel like I have gained a little weight...)

So, today is the start of my 11th week. In two weeks from today, we have our second appointment at the Birth Center...hopefully we'll get to hear the heart beat. We also have to decide if we are doing the group prenatal appointments - called "Centering" - or if we are going to do purely individual appointments. The advantage is that Centering is in the evenings...so I don't have to miss tons of school...which, let's be honest, I don't mind not being at work, but it's kind of a a pain to get coverage for part of a day...and to do sub plans, etc. Still, I would totally do all of that except that I'd like to save up all my days for the end of the year, so I can stop working earlier than the very last day.

It sounds like Centering can be sort of a little sucky, though, if you have a lame group. You are grouped with people with similar due dates. A few of my friends definitely said that the only advantage of Centering was the evening appointments... I know that really irritating people in the group would drive me a bit crazy...and I'm pretty sure it would make Kiyomi downright angry.

Also, we're looking into birthing classes...I mean, it'll still be a while, but I feel like I should get an idea when the classes I want to take are offered...

Woo-hoo for Friday and another swine flu free week!

Now to answer the call of my bladder!

2 comments:

  1. I think you should give the group thing a try. I love experiences where the only thing that bonds a group is something kind of totally arbitrary. Think of all the stories you'll have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's true...plus, I could meet some folks I really liked. Who knows!

    ReplyDelete