Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Acne as the Diviner



So, this is from some website called "Pregnant TV." Hmmm. This is approximately what the thing (girl? boy? martian?) growing inside me looks like right now. It's pretty tiny...a little less than one inch long. I'm trying to not hold all this horrible pukiness against this creature.

Incidentally, one of my pregnancy books says, "You may notice an improvement in your skin; this is due to pregnancy hormones." Then, in some other place, written small, it essentially says, "Oh, or your skin is totally breaking out, especially if you are someone who breaks out around her period." Apparently that "pregnancy glow" is just a really greasy face. Those of us who already have some greasy spots on our face go from a little greasy to having a slight pimpled topographic landscape raised on our foreheads. Oh, and I am getting zits places I NEVER get them. Like in my smile lines. What? When it comes to breakouts, I'm really a forehead and chin girl...sometimes on my nose. That's it.

I think people try to determine the sex from these kinds of things. Boy babies make you want to eat protein and you carry them lower...and, get this, girl babies make you nauseated, want to eat carbs, and break out. Also, if you're having a girl, not only do you get fat, but your partner does too. Um, self-hatred much, ladies? One site explained all the negative things girl baby's due as result of the girl baby, "stealing the mother's beauty." Gag. Seriously, what is this ridiculousness?

These are all things I've heard - but I went looking this morning for something that is super negative that you experience when you carry a boy baby. Well, I didn't really find anything. However, one site felt it necessary to inform women, "It's important to remember the only scientific way to verify the baby's sex is through an ultra sound, CVS testing or amnio." Thanks, guys, I was going to go with the acne as the determiner.

Amusingly, I'm really certain I'm having a boy. (Well, "certain" at moments.) But, here I am with pimples, nausea, and loving carbs...I guess we'll just have to see if Kiyomi gets fat.

4 comments: